Dear Patients and Friends of Greenwich Dental Group,
We hope this letter finds you all healthy and in good spirits during this challenging time. On May 26, 2020, we are going to have a soft opening as we continue to take extraordinary measures to deliver a full range of dental care.
As leaders in dentistry, our efforts have always been to provide the very highest level of dental care available to our valued patients. Given the new challenges we face in today’s world, we are equally committed to ensuring the highest level of safety for all our patients and our staff. Please rest assured that we have diligently researched and implemented evidence-based approaches to ensure the safest possible environment.
We want to update you on our new policies and protocols designed to keep you safe and comfortable in our office as we continue to battle the COVID-19 pandemic. Our focus during the recent closure has been to enhance our already stringent infection control and safety procedures to not only comply with but exceed directives and mandates created by the State of Connecticut, the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We follow the activity of these agencies daily to ensure we are on top of all the recommendations and guidelines.
In addition to the numerous directives put forth by these governing bodies, we have elected to go above and beyond the minimum guidelines to create a new treatment environment in our practice. We have done extensive investigation to find innovative technology and methodology to keep everyone in our office – patients and staff – as protected as possible. We have always strived to keep Greenwich Dental Group at the forefront of dental care and this is no exception.
You will notice several changes in the office that are all focused to increase everyone’s personal safety:
- We will ask you to please bring a mask to your dental appointment. If you do not have one, please let us know in advance.
- To protect you and your fellow patients we will kindly request that all patients come unaccompanied to their appointments unless there is an expressed need for an aide or other companion that has been approved in advance.
- In order to maintain safe social distance practices, we ask that you text us from the comfort of your car to let us know when you have arrived. We will notify you when we are ready for you to come up to the office. We will have you complete the screening questions, we will take your temperature with a temporal thermometer, and address any business with the front office.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office.
- We will make every effort to bring you directly into the treatment room, avoiding any time spent in the welcome area.
- Treatment team members will be wearing extensive personal protective equipment (PPE) as per CDC mandated guidelines.
- We will be designing patient flow to allow for physical distancing between patients. This will result in fewer appointment times available per day. Please be patient and understanding with appointment scheduling.
- We have HEPA air filters in our heating and cooling systems with each room having ionic air purifiers that sanitize and remove 99.9% of airborne allergens, irritants, and pollutants.
- We have new high-volume vacuum systems to aid in eliminating 90% of harmful aerosols generated through dental procedures.
- After your treatment is complete, we will ask you to stay seated in the treatment room. We will likely complete your payment, if required, and appointment scheduling in the treatment room and help direct you out of the office to help maintain social distancing.
Change is always challenging, but our main concern is your health and safety. Please bear with us as we do our best to accommodate all cancelled appointments. We may have to schedule out by a month or so, but we do have a system in place where if a reservation becomes available, we will reach out to get you in sooner. We will continue to approach your care with sensitivity, empathy, and integrity. As we navigate this “new normal” together, our ability to accommodate your needs while maintaining a safe environment will continue to be our foremost priority.
We look forward to seeing you again soon. Our staff will be reaching out to help you resume your dental care.
Greenwich Dental Group